How to Watch 360 Videos on Oculus Rift.
Hardware you’ll need:
- Oculus Rift Headset and cables
- At least one base station and its cables
- A computer with a graphics card powerful enough (see Oculus Rift Compatibility Check)
If you have all of the above, then you probably have Oculus Home working with your Oculus Rift. If you don’t, click here to learn how to setup Oculus Home.
Step One: Download an Experimental Web Browser
There are currently two web browsers with WebVR capability, Google’s Experimental Chromium (recommended) and Firefox’s Nightly.
Step Two: Set up the browser for WebVR
If you downloaded Chromium:
- From Chromium, navigate to chrome://flags#enable-webvr Find ‘Enable WebVR’ and click ‘enable’.
- Navigate to chrome://flags#enable-gamepad-extensions Find ‘Enable Gamepad Extensions’ and click ‘enable’.
If you downloaded Nightly: Don’t worry! Nightly is already set up to work with the Oculus Rift.
Step Three: Setup Your Oculus Rift for WebVR
- Open Oculus Home
- Click on the Settings gear icon in the top right corner
- Click on the General tab
- Enable the Unknown Sources checkbox
Step Four: Enjoy VR Content on your Oculus Rift
- Launch Oculus Home, and make sure your Rift is connected.
- Go to the Omnivirt content you want to see (example: https://upload.omnivirt.com/view/26) and click on the VR icon in the bottom left.